Pardeep Kumar Sharma
(USDA Certified Food Safety Expert)- Presently In India:
As a global coordinator he offers his creative problem solving approach and extensive experience in food manufacturing and processing in areas of food safety, food hygiene training, auditing, food safety management and quality systems implementation and administration for use as a resourceful technical expert committed to delivering and maintaining high standards by demonstrating excellence in quality assurance, understanding and working knowledge of all recognized food safety and hygiene management systems and the ability to synergize between quality and production departments. For details visit his CV.
M.S. (Food Technology) from CFTRI, Mysore, India in 1990. Rated as equivalent to Master ‘s degree in U.S. by International Educational Research Foundation based at Los Angeles.
B.S. (Agriculture) with honors in Food Sciences Technology and Nutrition from Punjab Agricultural University, Ludhiana, India in 1987.
April 2006-To date- Consultant Food Technologist with King Meats, Vernon, California, USA.
December 1993- April 2006
Worked as Quality Assurance Manager at King Meats in Vernon, California, USA. King Meats is a meat processing facility for KROGER FOOD COMPANY. Kroger is world’s second largest chain in retail supermarket business. King Meats diversified processing operations included Grind, Rendering, Fabrication, Sausage manufacturing, Retail meat processing and fully cooked meats & deli.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of Sanitation Standard Operating Procedures(SSOP)
- Development, implementation and monitoring of GMP’ s in plant with 425 employees.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of allergen prevention plan.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of strict hygienic and sanitary practices in cook processing area.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of in plant quality control procedures.
- Development, implementation and monitoring of mandated regulatory updates by USDA (US Department of Agriculture).
- Development, implementation and monitoring of HACCP plans.
- HACCP certified by National Meat Association based at San Francisco, California.
- Development of new product labels as per federal guidelines.
- Development of nutritional panel for products as per federal regulations.
- Assessment & auditing of in plant food safety policies.
- Auditing of suppliers of food ingredients.
- Proximate analysis of raw & finished products.
- Microbiological analysis of raw & finished products.
- Responsible for interaction with production managers on food quality and food safety issues.
- Responsible for effective functioning of quality control department with 6 inspectors.
- Member of company’s employee safety committee.
- Training of new and old employees.
- Direct interaction with USDA inspection personnel on daily basis.
February1991 -June 1992
Fruit & Vegetable Technologist at Punjab Agriculture University, Ludhiana, India.
- Teaching food technology courses to undergraduate students.
- Research in the field of Food Sciences.
June 1990-February 1991
Technical officer in culinary section (Maggi Ketch up & Noodles division) of Nestle India Ltd. at Moga, India.
- Managed production crew of 150 employees.
- Daily production targets.
- Quality checks on raw and finished products.
- Sensory evaluation of products.
- Optimization of available resources to meet production targets.
- Monitoring of employee GMP’s.
- Gold medalist for B.S. Obtained perfect GPA 4.0 /4.0 basis.
- Best student at national level while doing Master’s degree in field of food technology.
- Published research papers in national and international journals.
- Computer literate, fully conversant with Microsoft office including outlook, word, excel and power point.
- Strong leadership and influential skills with the ability to communicate at all levels. I am a motivated, honest and reliable person who can either be an active team player or carryout tasks unsupervised.
- Date of birth : 14 September, 1965
- Marital status : Married